Quality of Life and Blood Flow
Chest pain? Shortness of breath? Dizziness or headaches?
The problem could be poor blood flow.
Your heart and circulatory system is designed to transport oxygen and nutrients to every cell in your body, as well as filter out waste and carbon dioxide. Good blood flow is essential to good health, and has a positive effect on your mind and body. Poor blood flow can result in a wide range of health problems that negatively impact your quality of life. One cause of poor blood flow is Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). This occurs when plaque builds up in the arteries. When this build up of plaque restricts blood flow to the heart muscle it may cause chest pain known as angina. Angina can make it difficult to enjoy your favorite activities, or even perform the simplest tasks. External Counterpulsation (ECP) has helped people with angina throughout the world improve their quality of life.
What is Renew ECP Therapy and how does it enhance blood flow?
Renew ECP Therapy is a non-invasive approach for treating chronic stable angina. It improves blood flow by gently squeezing the blood from the lower body toward the heart. Here's how it works: Inflatable cuffs (like blood pressure cuffs) are wrapped around the calves, thighs and hips. Between heartbeats the cuffs inflate and deflate in rapid succession from the calves up to the hips. These external pulses speed the blood through the arteries and veins toward the heart, thus improving circulation in and around the heart.
After completing a course of ECP treatments, patients have reported:
- A reduction in angina symptoms (shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, weakness, pain or pressure in the chest, back, neck, jaw, shoulders or arms)
- A reduction in some medication use
- An increase in energy and exercise tolerance
- An overall improvement in quality of life
- Results that can last for years1
Is Renew ECP Therapy right for you?
Do you suffer from angina? Renew ECP Therapy may be right for you if:
- You restrict your daily activities to avoid angina symptoms
- Medications are not relieving your symptoms
- You are interested in a non-surgical solution
- There are no surgical options available to you
Print the Quality of Life Questionnaire and then ask your doctor if Renew ECP Therapy is right for you.
- Lawson WE, Hui JC, Cohn PF. Long-term prognosis of patients with angina treated with enhanced external counterpulsation: five-year follow-up study. Clin Cardiol 2000; 23(4): 254-8.